Monday, April 6, 2009

Ganache




I learned how to make ganache
this weekend. It was VERY easy and adds such a pretty touch to the cake and cupcakes. These were for my sisters baby shower this weekend. Anyway, I thought everybody would like the recipe because it is cheap and easy and can make something ordinary look beautiful!!

1 cup heavy whipping cream
9 oz. bittersweet chocolate - finally chopped, I used my blender
1 Tablespoon flavoring - optional

Over medium heat bring cream just to a boil. If you let if boil even for a few seconds it will go out of the pot (hahaha ask me how I know??). Turn off heat and add chocolate. Mix until completly blended and chocolate is melted. Add flavoring. If you want to pour the ganache, you can do that at this point. If you want to make whipped frosting, cool in fridge until it is the consistancy that you want and use electric hand beatters to fluff up for frosting. Or left ganache firm all the way, cut, roll into balls for the center of truffles.

1 comment: