Monday, April 6, 2009

Cheap cereal

One of the ladies in my mom's ward sent this to her - she lives in Oregon, so hopefully it works here.

I found an amazing deal that I thought others would love to know about. I thought you might want to forward this to the Relief Society sisters.

Albertson's is having a sale on POST cereal. The ad says that when you buy 2 boxes--you pay $1.57 each. Well, if you buy 5 boxes of POST cereal a coupon will print out for $5 off your next transaction. Then you use that coupon for your next purchase of 5 boxes of POST cereal and you end up paying $3.35 for 5 boxes which equates to 67 cents a box. The cereals that are on sale are

All flavors of Honey Bunches of Oats
All flavors of Shredded Wheat
Raisin Bran
Grape Nuts
more POST cereals

The catch is that you have to do a separate transaction for every 5 boxes of cereal. It does take extra time at check out (unfortunate for those behind you in line)--but that is well worth getting cereal for 67 cents a box. I saved my other groceries for the end and used my last $5 coupon towards them. If you were only buying the boxes of cereal, you would be left with a $5 coupon for your next grocery visit. The sale goes through Tuesday, April 7th. If this doesn't make any sense or anyone has a question, they can call me. I'm sure there is nobody who loves cold cereal as much as me and my family, but I'm sure some will really appreciate this deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment