Monday, March 9, 2009

Money saving tips

Macey's is having their caselot sale for one more week. Most of the great deals you can get at Macey's you can also get at Wal-Mart for about 5 cents cheaper (because they are marked down or the everyday price is cheaper).

There wasn't anything that really stood out to me in Sunday paper. At Wal-Greens there is Colgate or Aquafresh toothpaste for 99 cents and there have been coupons in the paper the last few weeks. That is about the only great deal.

At Macey's do not forget to go to the back of the store by the milk - that is were they have carts of clearance. I got a WONDERFUL deal on Saturday. I got a package of 8 gelete razors and a 512 MB flash drive for $0.96!!! I could hardly believe it.

I have been writing down any tip that I can think of - here are some that wrote down last week.

#1. - Check the price per ounce or unit, just because it is bigger does not mean you are getting better deal

#2. Cut coupons & ads and keep them ORGANIZED. It is too hard to shuffle threw them while you are checking out at the store. 2 weeks ago I did not have my coupons organized and I could not find the coupons or my ads and I missed out on about $25-$30 savings. I was soooo mad at my self.

#3. Make a menu for the week, two weeks, or month. The more you have planned out, the less you buy.

#4. Go to the store only once!!! I go only once a week - but buy for 2 weeks worth of menus. I like to buy fresh produce once a week. The less you go to the store the less you impulse buy.

#5. Make a list and check it twice (just like Santa)!! As you need (not want) something write it down on a list. Then refere back to #4, only go once a week with your list, coupons, and price matching ads in hand. The cashier may be snippy to you and the people behind you may be annoyed, but guess what??? You saved a LOT of $$$MONEY$$$.

1 comment: