Sunday, February 22, 2009

Money Saving Tip

It has been brought to my attention that people like to see all of the great deals, but they would also like to find other ways to save money. I will try to post 1 or 2 money saving tips each week. If there is something that you would like me to post please e-mail me at jen_fugal@hotmail.com and I will post your tip. Todays tip comes from Honey and Hot Stuff. The following is an e-mail that she sent me.

Jen, I have a great tip on saving money!!! Make a menu!! I noticed that when I made a weekly (or even a two week menu) I ended up cutting my grocery bill in half!! I look to see what I have in my pantry and fridge first and make the meals off of what I already had. I love new recipes and found the best website ever! allrecipes.com They have a tab called ingredients. If you click on it; a screen comes up, you enter in the ingredients that have/want to use and/or the ones that you don't want. Then the recipes come up. I just a recipe for Citrus chicken and rice- the only thing from the recipe that I did not have is the orange juice. The tip to making this work is making a list of the things that you need and buying only what’s on the list. But no matter what happens those darn cookies always jump into my cart- I don't know how this happens!!! =) ON the website there is a section called meals for just $10. The link is below!http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Ten-Meals-on-10/Detail.aspx So I hope that I have helped a few people out there! Enjoy cooking!

The Frugal Fugal has been making menues for about the last year. It cuts down on time, energy, and shopping trips, which all leads to SAVING MONEY!!!

p.s. Piglet d' Erin - I am so sorry about what happened to your hubby atWal-Mart with the grapefruit sale. As soon as I found out that Wal-Mart no longer price matches Sunflower Market I posted that info.

2 comments:

  1. I make my menu out every Saturday and build my grocery list off of that and what's in my pantry.

    i've started a new blog event called Thrifty Thursdays if you are interested in blogging along! http://amandascookin.blogspot.com/2009/02/gauging-interest-thrifty-thursday.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok, do you know if it is all walmarts? I love the sunflower market ads, but I never go there because they are too far from me. Thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete