Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tip of the Week

Money Saving Tip of the Week

I have been thinking about this a lot, what has helped me the most when it comes to shopping? (besides couponing and price matching). And I figured out what that was………….self control. I buy what I need NOT what I want. Every once and a while I will “splurge” and buy ice cream or cookies or something that we do not need. That is one reason I have stopped the big Albertson’s sales. There are some great deals, but I did not NEED a lot of that stuff I just really wanted it. At first it was really hard, but now I have our grocery bill down to about $50. It used to be $75-$100 a week for a family of four. We snack on apples, carrots, and raisins now. Not only is it cheaper because I can price match so much produce at Wal-Mart, but it is also a lot healthier. It’s not just treats, it’s also buying generic or substituting or not using a certain ingredient because of its price. (9 times out of 10 you can not even taste the difference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment