Friday, January 9, 2009

Clothing Sale Secrets

I got an e-mail from my friend this evening about great clothing sales and secrets. I really really HATE shopping for clothes (I have tried it once with kids, one was crawling under the door and one was opening the door and I had my arms up changing shirts so couldn't do a darn thing about it!!) Needless to say, I do not look at ads for clothes. And I yard sale for most of my childrens clothing. Anyway, my friend Melissa has so WONDERFUL suggestions and department store secrects to share with all. Thank you so much Melissa!!!

Okay Jen! I have noticed you put great deals about food on your website but food is not the only thing that we buy. Clothes! Those wonderful things that clothe our naked body! So I thought to pass along some wonderful helpful hints (mostly for those of us who are not fans of Wal-Mart).

Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap: The best days to go are on Tuesdays. That is the day that they mark down all of their stuff. That most blessed day when they move inventory around and they mark down their stuff. They are all owned by the same company.

Target: I learned that Target is fairly comparable in price to Wal-Mart. They of course will be tad more expensive but I found their quality of clothing is a whole lot better. So a quiet little secret that I learned is most of their new stuff will go to clearance within the month that they arrive.

Down East Outfitters: Okay, I worked there but they had the best clothes. It is the best place to go for jeans! They sell jeans that are $100 or more for only $25- $35! Brands like: Levi, Big Star and Lucky are sold there. They also carry American Eagle, J. Crew, Diesel, Ben Sherman and few other brands that are high end. Plus they sell their own brands! Which are modest!!!! The brands that are not their own are clothes that could not sell in the stores or are slightly damaged (buyer beware). I have quite a few items of clothing from there. I suggest going to the store on 123rd south in draper. Bonus: they also sell furniture! Brands like Pottery Barn, Z gallerie, red envelope and so on are marked down to 50% off the price that they are sold in the stores and online. Right now they have their after Christmas special where everything is 20% off.

My last secret and a reminder to all; the outlet stores in park city. I generally go in the spring and spend just about $300 total for my kids (plus those few things for the hubby and I) for the entire year! (that is $100 per child for one year!)

So I hope that you will pass this along to anyone who might need it. if not... I gave my fingers some typing practice.
~melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment